I finished reading my Christmas book from Justin. It was Scarpetta by Patricia Cornewell. It is like the 13th book in the Scarpetta character series that I have just loved, surprisingly. The main character, Kay Scarpetta, is a chief medical examiner and has all sorts of interesting cases that she has to solve. I've spent a lot of time in a morgue while I've read these books, but have been fascinated by them. They have been intense and scary at times. The books have creeped me out several times where it's hard to sleep if I let my mind wander!! Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and once I got started I couldn't put it down. I think it might be the last one in the series, but thought that about the last one, so who knows. So, April, Mom, and Kelly, y'all will have to fight over who gets to borrow it next! :)
I had a doctor's appt last Wed. We had to wait like 45 minutes before we saw her (which is the longest I've ever had to wait. Justin went to the appt. and I was glad b/c I had someone to talk to that whole time. We didn't get outta there unitl after 5!), and then it ended up being her PA (physicians asst). I really liked the PA. I kinda wanted to see the doctor each time since it is my first baby, but was impressed with the PA. And you know how I love to support PA's (right Kelly?!). She measured my stomach this time and said they will each time from now on. She said I was right on target for the size. I was 21 cm at 21 weeks, which is perfect. We also talked about the sonogram since I had it done at an ultrasound place. She said everything looks good. Brandon's organs are all there and fine and he is developing normally. It is so nice to hear this! It's hard not to be able to see him or touch him and just trust that he is OK in there. But he's doing great! YAY! He has also been moving around a lot. It's been really neat to feel him. Justin has not been able to feel him yet, but I'm sure it won't take too much longer before he can feel the kicks, too.
Here is my big belly today at 22 weeks. I'm still not used to seeing it stick out sooo far! It has surpassed my chest, which makes me feel really big b/c I know how far my chest sticks out! he he Justin has gone from saying "Hello little baby" to "Hello Big baby!" I told him today that the baby is only about 1 pound this week. After I said that he acted surprised and then said "You're gonna get really big then!" He's so funny! He's been really great and keeps me laughing!
Also, here is Justin's finished model police car. And I found out that this was NOT his first model. He used to do them growing up. He had a big Star Trek Enterprise ship in his room and a huge pirate ship made out of Lego's that stuck around well past its time. :) Funny how after being married for 2 1/2 years I never knew this about him. Weird how some things don't come up and when they do it's surprising to find out something new about your spouse!
We also bought baby bedding yesterday! We both really love these little turtles!! The 4 piece bedding set came with sheets, bumper, quilt and bed skirt. It's really the first big thing we've bought for the baby. We also went looking for baby beds. We'll probably buy that pretty soon. I'm getting excited to get everything ready for our little guy and meet him.

1 comment:
love the bedding! you are looking so cute!! beeda says hi baby boy!!! we need to get together soon!!!
p.s. i finally updated my blog!
Post a Comment