Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

First off Happy New Year everyone!! I can't believe it is 2009! I also can't believe how life-changing and amazing this year is going to be for Justin and me (and our family). I've had several "big" years in a row with getting married, buying a house, and hiking a volcano, and this year promises to be no different with the birth of our first child!! WOW!!

Do you make New Year's resolutions? What are some of them? Post a few in the comments section. I don't usually make any b/c I can never accomplish anything on the list. Last year I think I called them "goals" but still don't think I actually worked at reaching any. So I just don't bother with resolutions/goals any more.

One of my favorite things to do at the start of the new year is record all the important events (birthdays, anniversaries, school holidays, etc) for the year in a brand new calendar. I know I may be a dork, but I really love doing this for some reason. I like looking back at the previous year's events and reliving them and looking forward to what the next year holds. I usually hit the 1/2 price sale at that calendar place in the middle of the mall, but was saved a trip to the mall this year by Toni's parents. They brought us a calendar from Guatemala of our favorite city Antigua! It is a water-color calendar and it was really neat to recognize some of the places in the paintings as places we saw/visited from our trip. Way cool! So each month this year will remind us of our awesome summer trip to a beautiful country and all the cool, once-in-a-lifetime experiences we had there. Wahoo!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I usually call mine "New Year's Commitments" because a commitment seems a little harder to break than a resolution, which everyone breaks.

That being said, a small "commitment" of mine this year is to send more notes in the mail. Everyone loves getting mail!

Anonymous said...

The calendar looks fun! I am trying to make small resolutions for the year.
Eat healthier, exercise more, stop pinching, GO ON A TRIP with my husband... i think that is about all.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

How nice of Toni's Mom to bring you a calendar. I know you love calendars. It will be a great reminder of your trip.
Yeah, I think Kelly should quit "pinching"...ha
Luv,
Mom

laura said...

a baby boy!!! i am so excited for you! you and justin are in for a wild ride, but you will love every minute of it! so, are you still keeping brandon robert? ( i need to know soon....hint hint). i wish we lived closer so i could see you more! can you believe we met in 1992 and here it is 2009?!?!?!?! i love ya friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I just saw that you had started blogging again. I quit looking awhile back because you weren't adding anything and now I have missed a BUNCH!! Anyway, have I mentioned lately about how proud I am of you and Justin? Getting all your debts paid is a big step!! Can't wait until BIG baby gets here! It's going to be so much fun! Let me know when you are ready to paint.
Love
Mamajo