Thursday, January 1, 2009

Justin's new hobby

A few days Justin and I ran some errands. I needed to stop by Hobby Lobby to look for some 1/2 price scrapbooking supplies. Justin was a good sport and stayed with me until his eyes glazed over (as he said it!) and then he wandered off. He ended up in the models section and when I found him he had picked out a Dodge Charger police car model. I asked him if he had ever done a model before and he said no, but seemed excited!

So I came home today from an all-day Anne of Green Gables marathon at Toni's (oh how I LOVE Anne) to find him concentrating very hard on tiny plastic pieces and strong smelling model glue. I had to open all the windows so the glue would not poison our unborn child! ha ha He is still in there working diligently. I don't think he is half-way done yet! The instructions said this was a 3-hour job, but Justin has already disagreed with those time limits/constraints! He just might be there the rest of the night! I'm glad he is having fun, enjoying himself, and doing something different for a change. I do wonder how many more model cars or airplanes or boats will be in our future, especially once our son is old enough to participate. Should be hours and hours and hours of fun! :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have all kinds of comments today!

First of all, I ♥ Anne of Green Gables. It is one of my Most Favorite Series Of All Time. My favorite book is Anne's House of Dreams, where she and Gilbert get married and live in their first house. I guess that is appropriate for the season of life I am in, now that I think about it!

Second, boys always think that HL is all girl stuff. To that I say, see!!! There is lots of interesting boy things!

(But at first glance I thought this post was going to say that Justin had taken up scrapbooking with you. HA!)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a neat new hobby for Justin. yeah, your son may help "Dad" someday. that will be fun.
mom