Sorry folks...no posting marathon happening here, huh? Really, I wanted to leave the last post up there for a little bit so people could see and comment on it! Honestly!! I'll try to be better. Only 3 days left of school until I'm off for 2 weeks. YAY!! I can't wait for Friday at 3 pm.
You may be wondering what FPU means. FPU = Financial Peace University. Justin and I did this at church. It is the financial program by Dave Ramsey. It was a 13 week session that we went to every Wednesday night. It was really good! There are 7 baby steps to follow. Let's see if I can remember them all...
1. $1,000 in a savings account
2. Debt snowball (pay off the smallest amount first and then use that money to pay off the next smallest amount and so on until your DEBT FREE! We're really close. Just 2 more loans to go)
3. 3-6 months expenses in a fully funded emergency fund
4. Invest 15% in retirement
5. College fund
6. Pay off the house early
7. Build wealth and GIVE!
Now let me go get my workbook and see if I am right. Hold on...I got them ALL RIGHT!! Justin would be proud!! We both really enjoyed the classes and the lessons we learned. Dave Ramsey really has some good ideas. I'm excited to get all our debt paid off. Just 2 more loans to go!! During the 13 weeks we paid off my students loans and my car!!! WOW!! It felt really really good to get the car title in the mail this past Monday. And as my luck would have it, we finally pay that thing off and we're going to need a bigger car! My car is not very suitable for car seats!
Our church is offering the course again in the spring. If you are interested, please check it out. It is really cool!
Well, I better run...OH YEAH! I have my big sonogram on Monday the 22nd (I rescheduled it for those of you that knew the original date). I'm really excited to see the how the baby looks and see how big it has gotten. I sure hope the baby cooperates so we can find out if it will be Ginger or Brandon! I'll definitely post and let y'all know!!
Better head to bed...I'm pretty tired! Have a good night...Bundle up if you're in Ft. Worth. It's freezing out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment