Sunday, June 29, 2008

Guatemala: Beautiful Antigua - Part 1

I just loved the town of Antigua. It used to be the capital city of Guat but when an earthquake destroyed a lot of it, the capital was moved. We went early in the week so Kyle and Justin could get some custom boots (like cowboy boots) made for them. Their feet were too large for anything he had in the little store. We couldn't stop and take any pictures that day and I could have taken all 500 of my pictures there. It was just neat. All the houses were behind walls, like they are all over Guatemala. Each wall has barbed wire on top of it or broken glass on it. This is their home alarm system! Anyway, the walls were painted different colors for each individual home/business. There was decorative metal bars over all the windows and big ornate gates (car sized) with people-sized doors on them. It was so great (and I wanted to take more pictures) that we decided to go an extra day and spend the night in a hotel. I'm so glad we did. We got to do some cool stuff and take pictures. I still wish I could have taken more pictures! You'll see what I mean!
PS...notice the roads. They are made of various sized rocks. Driving down them the car sounded and felt like it was going to bounce apart into pieces!
















Guess who took this picture?!?

No comments: