Monday, August 11, 2008

Moving...

Well one of the teachers on our team at school has been asked to moved down and teach kindergarten next year and we will be getting a new 2nd grade teacher. So today I decided to move into the open room that the old 2nd grade teacher just moved out of. CRAZY idea!!! Why you are asking? Well I'm right by a very very stinky boys bathroom. I have to close my door after school b/c the smell just floats right in. NASTY! And I have some mildewed shelves the district has yet to do anything about and after a year of waiting and being passed off to different departments, I'm ready to be done with that!!

I have been in my room now for 4 years and I've accumulated quite a bit of junk. So I don't really have time to sort through too much. But I've been able to do some organizing as I go. I've got the majority of my stuff moved today and still have 1 big cabinet and 2 small cabinets to move. My teacher friend Ava pretty much finished her room today and said she would help me tomorrow. YAY!

Justin, the WONDERFUL and AWESOME guy that he is, came up and helped. We moved the big stuff while he was there. He even took stuff off the walls in my new room that the teacher left and then went down to my old room and took down everything off my walls there. We also took down my dry erase board, but I'll have to wait for the district to come and hang it up. We'll see how long that takes!

I'm glad to be in a new room, but I won't be glad tomorrow when I'm soooo sore I can't move!! I also have blank walls I need to hang all my stuff back up on.

So much for being up at school 2 days this week and getting done fast. Oh well. I'll be glad when I'm done!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...so much for getting your room ready...and a lot more work. But, at least, you had help today with Justin. That's great.
Hope you like your new room
Luv,
Mom

laura said...

that's great! a new room for a new year. wow - 4 years of stuff to move......that should be fun! take lots of pics!