Saturday, March 20, 2010

Growing up is hard

Well, last month we sold my car. I was very sad about it b/c I loved that little car so much. It was the first car I bought and paid for. It was exactly what I wanted and I loved driving every minute I was in it. But it was just not a practical family car at all. 2 doors=no fun to get a baby in and out of. And Justin's grandmother gave us her 2001 Buick LeSabre before Thanksgiving. She was not driving it and knew we needed a 4 door car. It is a very roomy car. It is much easier to get Brandon in/out the backseat.
While we had the car on Auto Trader.com I enjoyed driving it on the days I did not have to take Brandon anywhere.

On my last drive to work in the car I listened to The Sound Of Music and Phantom of the Opera soundtracks. I had to fight back tears the whole way to work, but just kept singing!!

I know it is silly to love a car so much and get so attached. But I just did...

We now have a good car fund going so that we can pay cash for our next car. Selling my car doubled our new car fund, which is really cool!!

Here are a few farewell pictures to my fun 2-door Honda Accord Coupe.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can totally relate to this post because I felt the same way when I traded in my Highlander. I believe I actually wrote an ode to it on my blog. Big life moments happened to me while I was driving it!

Funny how attached we get to our "stuff."